Friday, January 22, 2010

Qt Creator 1.3 Help/Documentation Not Working?

I installed Qt Creator IDE 1.3 / Qt 4.6 SDK and having a problem that the Qt Creator Help/Documentation is not working / not showing / blank.

I've found the culprit, and the reason is because:
You have used QtCreator with some Qt version before, and now have installed the same Qt version in a different location: There's a bug   that in this case the information where to get the help file is not updated.

The solution is simple:
Please try explicitly removing the entries in Tools -> Options -> Help, and either restart QtCreator, or add the qch-files from your Qt version explicitly.

Doing the above procedure returns my Qt Creator help content properly.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, awesome site. I thought the topics you posted on were very interesting. I tried to add your RSS to my feed reader and it a few. take a look at it, hopefully I can add you and follow.




    Symbian Application Development

    ReplyDelete

Be the first to comment!