- Alter project.loc file as necessary. Backup as project.loc.manual for future use (or if overwritten).
- In Qt Creator, go to Projects panel. Remove QMake from Build Steps.
- You can run QMake manually. Afterwards, replace the project.loc file with the one you backed up.
- Create icon using Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator. If using Adobe Illustrator, export directly to SVG-Tiny. Otherwise, export to SVG (Basic) format.
- You need to convert SVG to SVG-Tiny format. Go to <S60 SDK>\S60tools\svg2svgt\installer and run the installer (SVG2SVGTConverter.exe) using the following settings:
- Compatibility: Windows XP Service Pack 3
- Run as administrator
Use the installed SVGT Tool to convert your SVG to SVG-Tiny format. Refer to this Forum Nokia Wiki article for more information.
- Add the following to your project.pro : (make sure to use the SVG-Tiny file)
ICON = project-icon.svg
For detailed Symbian development resource, check out Developing Software for Symbian OS 2nd Edition (Symbian Press).
Update: Starting from Qt 4.7.2 (which is "currently unusable" for Symbian applications, since Ovi Store doesn't yet accept Qt 4.7 apps), QTBUG-13917 provides a better way:
If developer specifies "CONFIG += localize_deployment" in .pro file, the generated .loc and .pkg will now use translatable strings from .ts files defined in TRANSLATIONS. The .ts files must have an underscore and Qt language code at the end of the filename body to be compatible with deployment localization. E.g. myapp_en.ts.
Running lupdate will generate these entries into .ts files:
- Application short caption
- Application long caption
- Package name
- Smart installer package name