Be aware that previous Qt Mobility installation will likely conflict with the new Qt Mobility library. I also had this problem, then gave up and reinstall my Symbian S60 SDK. :-P So, if you try and not succeed, before you begin, clean your system from:
- Qt Mobility
- Qt for Symbian
- Symbian S60 SDK
- Make sure to cleanly delete the directories of the above
Then reinstall Qt for Symbian development environment: (detailed instructions here)
- Reinstall Symbian S60 SDK.
- Reinstall Open C/C++ Plugin for Symbian S60 SDK.
- Reinstall Qt for Symbian.
Now you can unpack Qt Mobility for Symbian distribution to a folder and install it:
- Download Qt Mobility for Symbian here. The distribution file is named like this: qt-mobility-symbian-*.zip. Unpack it to a folder.
- Install to Symbian SDK. Installing the mobility libraries to your Symbian SDK happens by extracting the 'qt-mobility-1.0.0-beta1-libraries<S60SDK>.zip' file to your Symbian SDK.
- Install Qt Mobility to Qt SDK. Copy the mobility.prf file to your QtDIR/mkspecs/features directory
- Optional: Install to Nokia/Symbian S60 device. Install qt-mobility-1.0.0-beta1.sis to your device using Bluetooth, USB, or Nokia Ovi Suite / PC Suite.
To learn more about Symbian development, I recommend Porting to the Symbian Platform: Open Mobile Development in C/C++ (Symbian Press).